Welcome to the IOV
Welcome to the Insectarium of Victoria, the largest private collection of insects in Australia, focused on the insects and invertebrates of Victoria and in particular the Macedon Ranges. The Insectarium is currently closed; however we can still bring a sample of live insects and other invertebrates to your classroom - call Maragret on 0424) 963 698.
- shows you the wonder of the insect world
- explains how insects play a vital role in maintaining the world’s ecological balance
- is an educational resource
- carries out research and development on Victorian insects
- studies the contribution insects have made to the cultural development of the state from aboriginal times to the present day
- is an important resource for the community maintaining an important collection of displays and data that is growing by the year
Come and discover their world and learn about them at the Insectarium of Victoria.